WM_SIZING Probelm in my application

Discussion in 'Win32' started by hemanth.balaji, May 21, 2005.

1. hemanth.balaji

hemanth.balaji New Member

Hi people,
    I am doing a project for my college. I am doing the UI part using Win32 Api. I am learing wuite a lot from

various tutorials available on the net. I am through with most of the GUI but only get stuck when resizing of

controls is required. I have made a couple of mistakes and would like someone to help me out. I am putting my

code in the following site;Everything is in the Main.cpp file.

http://www.geocities.com/kalamirch/SislProject_tabs.zip

Its not going to be something major to program dude. Its only when I use the Show/ Hide Toolbar and Status bar from the View Menu that I get WM_SIZING Probelms. I am not able to handle them efficiently . Please help me

carry out this. Its just the WM_SIZING in the project. I wuold be very thank full. I am ready to return back

whatever help if necessary. I have a collectio of Win32 Ebooks and would love o share them with you guys too.

Thanks in Advance..

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Hello Hemanth

First of all I would like to welcome you to this forums and secondly would like to request you to avoid multiple postings like http://www.go4expert.com/showthread.php?t=308 in multiple sections. I know you are really looking for the solutions but if somone is willing to help you out he will find the question he is an expert in.

Now about your query. It would have been better if you would have posted some thing like I have problem in ... area then many more developers would have been interested. But anyway
    Code:
     	if(mi.fState = MFS_CHECKED)
     	{
     		// Toolbar on?
     		dr.top = 45;
     		margin += 45;
     	}
     	else
     	{
     		dr.top = 5;
     	}

In the above code you are checking the toolbar On/Off but no where in the code you are checking for the status bar. Do the same and everything should be fine.

Thanks
    Shabbir Bhimani