1. We have moved from vBulletin to XenForo and you are viewing the site in the middle of the move. Though the functional aspect of everything is working fine, we are still working on other changes including the new design on Xenforo.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows 7 error: COMException was handled. Provider cannot be found. It may not be p

Discussion in 'Visual Basic ( VB )' started by chizmo, Oct 21, 2011.

1. chizmo

chizmo New Member

Hie guys,
    I used to develop my programs in windows XP using visual studio 2005 (VB). Recently, i have migrated to windows 7. Now the problem is that every time i want to run a program and access my MS Access database i get this error: "COMException was handled. Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed". The programs that i run works correctly in windows XP. i have tried to troubleshoot but nothing is working out for me. Please help!

Thank you!

2. neite

neite New Member

Re: Windows 7 error: COMException was handled. Provider cannot be found. It may not b

COM Exception was handled.
    You can try to install ACCESS 2007 Or later.

3. chizmo

chizmo New Member

Re: Windows 7 error: COMException was handled. Provider cannot be found. It may not b

thanks for the reply, the thing is dat vb.net 2005 and access 2007 are not compatible. but maybe i should try vb 2008 even though i have never used it before. i will let you kno if it has worked.

4. chizmo

chizmo New Member

I have found the problem. My Pc is a 64b. so i was supposed to change my application in my applications property(Project Property)--->Compiler--->Advance--->then change from any PC to x86.