visual c 6 problem (bigger dll size)

Discussion in 'MFC' started by printer, Jan 9, 2008.

1. printer

printer New Member

i was using this compiler again and i have a problem. i have an other person's project of a dll, and when i compile it, in the release folder there is the dll with size 130 kb... then i start a new project trying to do a personal project for the first one, i add the files and when i compile, in the release folder there is the dll, but the size is 300kb so thats my problem and can you help me, i dont know if i have to change any option or smt so why happens that thanks

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Can you please explain when you see the size difference? Is it when you compile in 2 different options.

3. printer

printer New Member

look, i have the 2 projects both in release mode, both have the same files, both compile ok, but the dlls they produce are of different size, the original project is 130 kb , the other project the dll is 300 kb..... so why is this ? is there any option i have to activate or deactivate or smt, help please

ps>: 2 projects are for the same thing, so i expect the dll must be the same size.

4. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

If both have the same thing then it might so happen that some extra libs are needed for both or else it cannot be the case that both having the same configuration and same code differ in size.