JohnAadam's Avatar, Join Date: Oct 2011
Go4Expert Member
Use linux instead of window if you want virus free environment. If you want solution for windows use good 5-6 antivirus and rotates them monthly
Scripting's Avatar, Join Date: Jun 2010
John Hoder
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAadam View Post
Use linux instead of window if you want virus free environment. If you want solution for windows use good 5-6 antivirus and rotates them monthly
What a NONSENSE lol! In no case you should use Linux to avoid viruses, as they will get there too and to all, you will be stuck up with damned Wine ... And absolutely do not use more than 1 antivirus at a time, it is proved, that 1 antivirus can fool another one, so even a normally detected virus can pass trhough, if you have more AVs.
Just do a backups regulary and use some solid (one) antivirus, for example Norton, Avira or Eset ...
P455w0rd_Cr4kz's Avatar, Join Date: Jan 2007
Ambitious contributor
I agree with most of you. Howver you have the option to store all important files in a external hard drive.
Go4Expert Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scripting View Post
What a NONSENSE lol! In no case you should use Linux to avoid viruses, as they will get there too and to all, you will be stuck up with damned Wine ... And absolutely do not use more than 1 antivirus at a time, it is proved, that 1 antivirus can fool another one, so even a normally detected virus can pass trhough, if you have more AVs.
Just do a backups regulary and use some solid (one) antivirus, for example Norton, Avira or Eset ...
i just want to say keep 5-6 anti virus on you computer not to install all. Just install one for one month and then change the av for another month.
You can also use deep freeze also if you want to protect from virus
John Hoder
Quote:
i just want to say keep 5-6 anti virus on you computer not to install all. Just install one for one month and then change the av for another month.
You can also use deep freeze also if you want to protect from virus
Ohso, but still, it's not a good idea. As I suppose, you mean to download all those AVs, right? I don't think you would want to buy them all ... And if you download such amount of AVs there is big probability to infect urself with some undetectable virus. And if you thought about FREE AVs, then I shall say - They are crap! So you better buy (or download from very trusted source) some Very good AV and install it, but still make the backups, becouse even the best AV in the world won't protect you against new viruses!
Go4Expert Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scripting View Post
Ohso, but still, it's not a good idea. As I suppose, you mean to download all those AVs, right? I don't think you would want to buy them all ... And if you download such amount of AVs there is big probability to infect urself with some undetectable virus. And if you thought about FREE AVs, then I shall say - They are crap! So you better buy (or download from very trusted source) some Very good AV and install it, but still make the backups, becouse even the best AV in the world won't protect you against new viruses!
you said it "even the best AV in the world won't protect you against new viruses" then whats the purpose of buying a paid antivirus. No antivirus detects all the virus then try to rotate all if you want to make back up try deep freeze its best one.
Scripting like this
John Hoder
Quote:
you said it "even the best AV in the world won't protect you against new viruses" then whats the purpose of buying a paid antivirus. No antivirus detects all the virus then try to rotate all if you want to make back up try deep freeze its best one.
Yeah