Go4Expert Member
Thanks for answering. What I mean is if I open a text file with the original program you did for me and then save it as an htm file the second program will open it.
An htm file that comes from a zipped file and saves as RAN24044.HTM wont open with the program.
it may be the type of file e.g. it shows as a firefox file in the folder. Will do some more work on this and maybe I can stumble on the answer.
regards
Go4Expert Member
Firefox Document (.HTM)file:///C:/horses/form/DOO05111.HTM

This is the file type that wont open. it comes in a zipped file with 8 or 9 files in each zipped file. a program such as turbo browser will open it but dont know the secrets that they use to make it work.
Go4Expert Member
have tried the open with command (right click mouse) with the program on the above file type and it comes up "not a genuine win32 application" what does that mean.
this may be the issue with these files. if i open with Firefox and save again as an htm file i can open with the program.
rcurrell's Avatar, Join Date: Aug 2012
Newbie Member
I want to open 2 PowerPoint slideshows at the same time, but I need for each to appear on different monitors. Here is the code I used:

Code:
Dim objFSO
Dim MyFile
Dim MyFolder
Dim objShell
Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set MyFolder = objFSO.GetFolder("C:\LCARS")
Set objShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
For Each MyFile In MyFolder.Files
    If Right(MyFile.Path,5) = ".ppsx" Then
        objShell.Run(MyFile.Path)
    End If
Next
Each of my slideshows are setup to play on its own monitor, but the code starts them both on the same. Do you know of a way to run PowerPoint slideshows on different monitors at the same time?

Thanks,
rcurrell

Last edited by shabbir; 31Aug2012 at 09:16.. Reason: Code blocks