A high bounce rate means people are not going beyond the landing page of your website. Before disappointing new visitors, you must work upon fixing your bounce rate issue. Here’s how:
- Avoid having too many ads and hyper attractive banners on your site. They interfere with site navigation and make visitors ‘ad blind’.
- Make site navigation as easy as possible.
- Cut back your main page down to essentials.
- Make sure you install the analytics code on all the pages of your website.
- Include quality content and highlight your best posts above the fold.
- Write a tag-line or blurb for your main page.
- Add Polls To Get Visitor’s Opinions & Keep Them Busy:
- Make your site easy on the eye with mild graphics and layout.