xpi0t0s's Avatar, Join Date: Aug 2004
Mentor
Have the school said how you'll be marked for the project?
AnbuRick's Avatar, Join Date: Jan 2009
Go4Expert Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpi0t0s View Post
Have the school said how you'll be marked for the project?
The project is like the whole module so it will definetly influence me in the course
Mentor
Have they said how marks will be assigned? Are there any rules, such as minimum number of lines? For example, why can't you submit - assuming of course that you can't - the following code:
Code:
int main()
{
  printf("Hello world\n");
  return 0;
}
Go4Expert Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpi0t0s View Post
Have they said how marks will be assigned? Are there any rules, such as minimum number of lines? For example, why can't you submit - assuming of course that you can't - the following code:
Code:
int main()
{
  printf("Hello world\n");
  return 0;
}
there are no rules in the project,i just have to use everything ive learned in the course till now,and if i use something the teacher didnt teach,il have to explain what is it for and stuff like that
Mentor
A sudoku solver could be a good choice then. Obviously I don't know what he has covered in the course, but he'll almost certainly have covered input (getting the grid from the user), output (displaying results), loops (you have to loop over rows, columns, and 3x3 boxes), storage (you need a 9x9 array for the sudoku grid and possibly another for the candidates, depending how you implement the data). There's not a lot of scope for structures though, but you could make the 9x9 array an array of structures with elements that represent whether or not that cell is solved, if so what its number is, and if not what the possible candidates are.

The good thing about a sudoku solver is that you can pretty much determine how much work goes into it after the basic candidate management stuff, which is often enough for printed simple/medium level sudokus printed in newspapers. Then if you've got time you can start looking into coding up more advanced techniques such as locked candidates, naked pairs, hidden pairs, X-wing, swordfish and so on.
J4M13UK's Avatar, Join Date: Jan 2009
Newbie Member
at college a couple of years ago, we had to create a database system, it is a good one to use. not too complex and and with the libraries you are allowd to use, you should be able to do it.
TriG0rZ's Avatar, Join Date: Oct 2008
Contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4M13UK View Post
at college a couple of years ago, we had to create a database system, it is a good one to use. not too complex and and with the libraries you are allowd to use, you should be able to do it.
yes i to recall do that to jamie
Go4Expert Member
And 2 more good ideas on the list...hmm nice,i think i might go for the sudoku solver,ty all
aVague's Avatar, Join Date: May 2007
Go4Expert Member
Hm, don't focus "project" - thing. Just do a programm, wich makes, for example , all possible sentensec from 5 words (" dog" , calculates, on, the, calculator) - so program result is dog calculates on the calculator , or calculator calculates the dog on, ....other variants )

You can write it with project or without using project ( it depends on how do you want to compilate a programm - whole in a time, or compile parts , then use them as one programm)