How to stop someone from hacking me

Discussion in 'Ethical hacking' started by Lusitano, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Lusitano

Lusitano New Member

You are probaly right there. But maybe xpi0t0s' first assumptions about him may be partially right: he may just not want to get an honest job. And as he has money coming some other ways (for example like from people to who pay him to teach them) he doesnt really care much about a job i guess. And i also assume that since his contry seems to have a lack of security on these issues it becomes some sort of paradise for hackers.

2. l.joe30

l.joe30 New Member

ye i signed up just to say this i play alout of online games and use a talking program ventrilo a hacker came in my vent i baned him many times he had his ip reset every second he got on boom instant reset i got crapy dsl atm so not to hard to dl packets to my internet he has been doing this lately for fun and i now this guy is good also i have seen guys my friend run a server and there was another hacker in vent and my friend thout he was so good he gave the hacker his ip my friend has comcast he showed me his dl speed on a test was 24000 kbs download so 24mbps and like 8 mps upload this guy still was able to lag his internet my friend said he was dling over 1milion packets into it i am very angry just built my pc for my 15th b day a wiol ago and u said the person coud be around me couse in that case i whoud love to see this guy lol but yes makes me upset i cannot stop this what if i got a difrent internet company and moved sorry for the spelling what happens when u dont pay attention in school :{

3. xpi0t0s

xpi0t0s Mentor

Senior Support Engineer
    I'm not surprised you're upset if he came in your vent. I'm sure I wouldn't like it if that happened to me.

4. SpOonWiZaRd

SpOonWiZaRd Know what you can do.

Network Engineer/Programmer
    The one thing I would do is get a small computer and load linux on it running webmin firewall, I would then set it up to block stun ports, icmp, TRINO 27665, 31335, 2744, Back Orifice 31337, Stacheldraht 16660, 65000, TrinityV3 33270, 39168, T0rn rootkit 47017, SubSeven 6711, 6712, 6776, 2222, 7000. These are some of the most crucial ports I would block on my webmin firewall. Check if that helps and if it doesn't then while he attacks you just do netsat -a in cmd and see which ports have a established connection to your computer, get more info on the unknown ports you see and then block those as well. Or you can block all the ports and just let the ones pass through that you would want to use.Set your firewall also up so that it can only have 5 concurrent connections open per computer connecting to your firewall so that your firwall don't get overloaded with connections. Hope this helps you.

5. TheAlucard

TheAlucard Banned

UHm... Yeah about hacking ... No Idea but someone hack'D me too....
    KHai I made a litle log ... I was playing DOOM II in the server I hosted with many players....

~~Threat~~
    Approximately time of threat: Time: 20:33:10(GMT+3)
    Date of threat: 08 April 2009 year
    Hacker's IP Adress: -n/a-
    Threat : <fl>destroyer: enjoy your 15 minute connection down"
    Posted 20:33:10(GMT+3)
    Additional info: -n/a-

~~Internet problems~~
    Internet stopped at same day , time : 20:33:27(GMT+3)

~~Detected router problems~~
    Connection to router: Not available.
    Connection to router could not be established with INet cable plugged in.
    Connection to router established when I-Net cable is not plugged in.
    Connection to router established with INet cable in at :
    Time: 01:24:53(GMT+3) Date: 09 April 2009 year.
    Connection to internet established at:
    Time: Aprox. 08:13:26(GMT+3) Date: 09 April 2009 year.

The connection was down for nearly 12 hours ... I calld my ISP to check for problems they didnt say anythign but the internet was fixed ... He had my IP because its shown when he connects to my server -_-'
    If I learn waht that program is I'm gonna pulverize his internet connection!!!!! :mad::cuss:

6. TheAlucard

TheAlucard Banned

Oh fu** sorry for the double post....(Tripe with this)

7. rider

rider New Member

Home Page:
    http://hacked.ro
    hi, probably behind 99% of DDOS attacks is a 10 years old kid .. i have read some posts from the first page of this topic ... you can protect your self from ddos only if you have a strong internet connection and a very strong firewall .. i know how this peoples are ddos-ing , usualy 10-20 linux machines (Webhosting servers are perfect for this job and anybody can find atleast 100 of them vulnerable of already hacked with google) with ddos bots (usualy perl bots or emech with shell command ) wich can be commanded from any IRC server all at once .. so ... anybody without ocupation can make this.

8. snehans007

snehans007 New Member

hi evry 1...m a newbie...n seriously a layman as far as computer knowledge pertaining to Hacking is concerned...few days back I was going through some videos on Hacking in youtube....there I found a link..bit.ly\pro-hack-account....i went to this page...and there I found nothing but the page mentioning my IP Address...i dunno wt was it...but...since then, I have one questn in my mind...is it anything dangerous/??...Have i been hacked??/...kindly help...m worried ryt now....if any1 of u masters can just help me out, I would be more than grateful...plzz...thnks in advance....m waiting fr a prompt response...

9. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Get yourself Good antivirus and good spyware and that should tell you if you are compromised or not.

10. snehans007

snehans007 New Member

thnk u fr ur reply sir....i m using eset anti virus currently....i hvnt received ny such notification as of yet....wt shud b my immediate step?..I am appearing fr CAT and other competitve exams...n have to fill my forms online and make the payment 2 online....is it advisable to do so under these circumstances...>>>>??..please advise sir....thnks in advance....