How to stop someone from hacking me

Lusitano's Avatar, Join Date: Mar 2009
Go4Expert Member
Before i explain my problem i would just like to mention that i dont know much about the matter im going to talk about, so im looking for someone who can be really patient and teach me even basic stuff.
Now to the problem itself... basicly someone who i have on my msn just hacked me today. He didnt do anything but to leave me without internet access for like 2 minutes (that was merely the time he wanted it to last). As far as i know he got my IP from msn and from there he did that. Even believing he wont do anything else i wanted to know a bit more about how these things work and how i can prevent it from happening again (if possible). This guy is no beginer in these things so i guess that if there is a way to prevent him from doing it again it wont be an easy one. If someone is willing to help me i can provide further details about my conversation with him about what he did. Thanks for the help already.
indiansword's Avatar, Join Date: Oct 2008
Security Expert
u gotta explin it better, because only with IP what he can do is scan your open ports and send u a "Ping of Death" which will crash ur computer. Except this i dont see any hacking attempts unless u ellaborate what exactly happened.
Lusitano's Avatar, Join Date: Mar 2009
Go4Expert Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by indiansword View Post
u gotta explin it better, because only with IP what he can do is scan your open ports and send u a "Ping of Death" which will crash ur computer. Except this i dont see any hacking attempts unless u ellaborate what exactly happened.

basicly he just made me loose my internect conection for 2 minutes. i dont really have a clue how but i'll copy-paste any relevant info he said. maybe it will help.
liked tha show? ^^
u have nothin to worry about
it'z called ddos if u wanna search fo it on the net
and the cable guys from this town
paid 10 000 euros
to buy protection for that
i can still make their whole system down in 1 sec
my point is there is no such protection, once u have it u can burn up whatever u want
u know Garena.com
the place
ye, not to you
to anyone i know hiz ip adress
i can shut it down permanently, untill he changez the ip
i've been doin this 2 years ago
it'z not fun anymore
if i attack ur ip
u can put as much firewalls as u want
but i'm attacking from 100+ servers
which can upload 10MB/s
and u can't find a firewall which can support that big attacks
u can do whatever u want, once i have ur ip
evendough i can tracert it
u know run cmd
tracert ip
and it tellz me for one packet
through which ipz he goes
so i can find the ip where u take internet from
so ur whole provider will be netless
and i can trace ur ip while we are talking on msn
just by having u on msn i can find ur ip
jus emagine
if i waz that evil
as my sis said
u wouldn't have net for months
i got people
paying me 1000$ US
and much more
jus to teach them how to do this (****)
some web designers
which have competition
there is a way to hide ur ip
but once someone knowz ur ip, there is nothin u cAn do
well, thats all the relavant stuff he said about it. i just know he cut my conection. dont ask me how cause thats wat i want to know.
Lusitano's Avatar, Join Date: Mar 2009
Go4Expert Member
well, i was making further research into this. as far as i read these ddos attacks are something impossible to block actualy. is tis really true? isnt there a way to stop it?
indiansword's Avatar, Join Date: Oct 2008
Security Expert
i didnt read the entire conversation, but i think this guy is from ur local place, and its a SO CALLED Ddos attach which is also known as REMOTE DISCONNECTION.

dos:- Denial of services
Basically used to shut down some website for sometime, needs a lotta bandwidth, atleast 5 computer pinging the same website continuously with some DOS tool at around 3 mbps speed

Remote Disconnection:-
Helps you to disconnect any computer from the internet at your local place. So i think that guy must be living somewhere around ur place. OR he has got the good bandwidth with quite a good internet speed.
Lusitano's Avatar, Join Date: Mar 2009
Go4Expert Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by indiansword View Post
i didnt read the entire conversation, but i think this guy is from ur local place, and its a SO CALLED Ddos attach which is also known as REMOTE DISCONNECTION.

dos:- Denial of services
Basically used to shut down some website for sometime, needs a lotta bandwidth, atleast 5 computer pinging the same website continuously with some DOS tool at around 3 mbps speed

Remote Disconnection:-
Helps you to disconnect any computer from the internet at your local place. So i think that guy must be living somewhere around ur place. OR he has got the good bandwidth with quite a good internet speed.
Actualy you are wrong about both things. i am from portugal and tis guy is from macedonia. And also as far as i know their internet services there arent that good. But anyway... what i was just reasearching about its true right? no way to stop this?
indiansword's Avatar, Join Date: Oct 2008
Security Expert
no way to stop this, u may use IP hider though
Lusitano's Avatar, Join Date: Mar 2009
Go4Expert Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by indiansword View Post
no way to stop this, u may use IP hider though
well, hiding my IP now will be of no use since he already knows it. right?
indiansword's Avatar, Join Date: Oct 2008
Security Expert
it wud be useful, because he MAY not get reply when he pings ur ip to check if your online.
shabbir's Avatar, Join Date: Jul 2004
Go4Expert Founder
Well Actually DDoS attacks cannot be stopped but can be prevented and there are organizations working for this.