social networking tools

Discussion in 'Web Development' started by bugmenot123, Jan 29, 2009.

1. bugmenot123

bugmenot123 New Member

Hi Everyone!

I'm doing my thesis, it is something like "social networking tools", where I introduce: OpenID, OAuth, hCard, XFN, OpenSocial, etc, etc, etc. So I have to develop something that has to do with it. My thesis mentor told me that it shouldn't take me more than one or two months of development. I was expecting to get an existing open social networking code and integrate it with some of the tools I introduce. I looked at Elgg, but it already has everything integrated and a lot of plugins! So I need a more basic social networking code, and integrate it with some social networking tools. So I have two questions.

Which open social networking code should I choose? (I guess I need some simple code that has connections, groups and profiles)

Which tools do you suggest I integrate? (This is not supposed to take me more than two months. I'm a 3-year-experienced Java and PHP developer).

Thanks in advance.