Is social media replacing links?

ozsubasi's Avatar, Join Date: Jan 2012
Invasive contributor
I read on many forums and have read many articles of how links are being replaced by social signals as the way of "voting" for a site. Yet here is Matt Cutts saying recently that links are far from dead, and in fact are likely to remain alive for some years to come:
http://searchengineland.com/matt-cut...2-video-126842
Any views on this please?
Venus Brown's Avatar, Join Date: Mar 2012
Light Poster
I don't agree with this completely.
Its true that social presence is one factor for improving ranks but links are equally (or more) important to enhance indexing and page rank.
Invasive contributor
My own view is that social media is far more open to manipulation than linking, and that Google are well aware of this.
locker's Avatar, Join Date: May 2012
Go4Expert Member
social media has not replaced the linking process but yeah we can say social media marketing plays now very much strong role in enhancing the traffic and to build backlinks
k2seo's Avatar, Join Date: Jul 2012
Go4Expert Member
This is interesting. How matt cutts explaining about this..
Newbie Member
yes social media are really helpful for the traffic and always be. But can't replace to links.
Invasive contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by petersmith5544 View Post
Social media has certainly changed the landscape of how we gather information. The two-way interaction and communication with customers is often a free focus group.
This is copied from the internet.
semaphore.v's Avatar, Join Date: Nov 2013
Go4Expert Member
I think no
Banned
Yes,social media site is very helpful for getting the traffic .
weblinkindia's Avatar, Join Date: Feb 2014
Go4Expert Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by locker View Post
social media has not replaced the linking process but yeah we can say social media marketing plays now very much strong role in enhancing the traffic and to build backlinks
If you are thinking that you can get ranking in search engines from social media marketing then you are wrong.. Social media marketing do not provide any backlinks its just a way to increase the popularity of the brand or product online