slove this question............

Discussion in 'Programming' started by dimpi, Jul 10, 2009.

1. dimpi

dimpi New Member

Hi friends...........

I would like to ask the purposes of using different programming languages. Like when should i use C, or C++ or asp or Java, etc.? I am waiting your reply:smug:

2. naimish

naimish New Member

Software Engineer
    What do you mean by when to use ? and you comparing C/C++ with Java and ASP ?
    :gossip:

3. xpi0t0s

xpi0t0s Mentor

Senior Support Engineer
    Different tools for different jobs, that's all. Use a hammer when you want to hit something. Use a screwdriver for when you want to screw something. Use C when you need something for which C is the most appropriate tool, and use Java for when Java is the most appropriate tool.

The question then becomes "how do you determine which is the most appropriate language for a given task" which is much more complicated and depends on many things: availability of compilers, availability of skills, performance requirements, portability requirements and so on. For example it's all very well deciding that Smalltalk is the most suitable language for a given task, but if nobody you've got knows it and everyone available only knows C, then rather than train everyone up on Smalltalk and effectively reduce them all to beginners then it may be a more prudent choice to pick C.

4. naimish

naimish New Member

Software Engineer
    Nice one xpi0t0s :)

5. fob500

fob500 New Member

Hey Dimpi.CLASSIC QUESTION going on for ages( But sadly It has no definate answer :undecided) .It depends on a lot of background information,the primary being what you are trying to code.
    I'l suggest you visit this link http://www.search-this.com/2007/02/19/what-programming-language-should-you-use/ .I read this and found it interesting.Hope this helps.