DaWei's Avatar, Join Date: Dec 2006
Team Leader
I'm thinking that you should tell us your level of expertise. How else can we hope to answer your questions in a realistic way?

Your comment regarding invisible buttons over graphics seems to indicate that you don't know how things work at a low level. Regardless of how brilliant your idea may be, you are not going to make the transition from total n00b to master of programming by asking generalized questions on a forum. What do you really want?
Go4Expert Member
Ok, first of all sorry but my communication skills arn't that good.

I have had many years experience using C, and other programming languages.

I have had some experience of programming GUI's in C using wxWidgets, and Java using the Swing libaries etc, and so am aware of event handlers etc etc.

I have made some programs in openGL + GLUT that run on both windows and linux, however these are without interface (simple 3D and ray tracer object representation programs).

I have a good knowledge of the fundamentals of the internal working of a computer, processors, machine code, compilors etc etc. Have written a specification for a PB8 computer, and written a compiler for my own language.

In general I have a good theoretical background of computers, and good understanding of C, I just have little experience in writing end user programs.
DaWei's Avatar, Join Date: Dec 2006
Team Leader
Good enough. I'd suggest downloading the SDK for Windows Media Player and making a skin for it. With that under your belt, you should be good to go.
Go4Expert Member
Thanks
Go4Expert Member
Would using GTK be an option, because I realised that XMMS is created with that, and that has a skinned GUI. Also there are versions of GTK available for windows, linux and MacOS