How to pass data to another page on another domain via POST without specifying it ...

Discussion in 'JSP' started by mackrider, Feb 17, 2011.

1. mackrider

mackrider New Member

I have a JSP page that has two pieces of data that I need to send to a page on another domain via post when a button is clicked.

My original iteration was just having the two pieces of data in 2 hidden fields and when the user clicked a button it posted those two data and all was good in the universe.

* I showed it to the client and they say that I can't have the data seen in View Source and I can't pass this data via get (even though anyone with a sniffer can grab the POST contents. the client wont listen).
    * They also nixed my idea of using GET via sendredirect
    * They are also against encrypting it and sending it via GET

Is there an "easy" way to do this with just JSP and possibly Javascript? or if necessary through a servlet?

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Re: How to pass data to another page on another domain via POST without specifying it

Data cannot be viewed using View Source but their server should use the data.

3. mackrider

mackrider New Member

Re: How to pass data to another page on another domain via POST without specifying it

Not sure I follow...

How would I go about accomplishing what I want to accomplish?

4. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Say you want to pass data from file 1 to file 2 on same server. What you do ?

You post data from file 1 and in file 2 you fetch the data.

Same needs to be done and it is independent of domain name.