sending number pad keys using C

Discussion in 'C' started by codoll53, Mar 13, 2007.

1. codoll53

codoll53 New Member

I am trying to create a program that emulates a mouse and I am controlling the mouse with the number pad and was wondering if there is anyway to send these keystrokes. I know of the object.sendkeys but i can't find the information on how to do it with the number pad keys. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. DaWei

DaWei New Member

Semi-retired EE
    Home Page:
    http://www.daweidesigns.com
    This is a system specific area. You don't mention your system. A Mac platform would not be the same as an Intel platform with *nix, which would not be the same as an Intel platform with Windows, which would not be the same as a Motorola platform with QNX or an old Zilog platform with C/PM.

3. codoll53

codoll53 New Member

Intel platform with windows

4. DaWei

DaWei New Member

Semi-retired EE
    Home Page:
    http://www.daweidesigns.com
    I had a really useful link to the Windows console API. Apparently this information is going to disappear into the archives with the advent of Vista. My link is now worthless.

I'm going to give you this link. It may disappear tomorrow, or you may have to chase the links that appear to address your problem. If you are not successful in accomplishing this, post back. I will give you some code that deals directly with this issue. You can then search Microsoft or MSDN using specific function names. If support for all this disappears, I don't know what to tell you. Frankly, this lack of support, which is not uncharacteristic of Microsoft, still pisses me off substantially.