. This will work :
(1) Parent and Child are two forms.
(2) Parent form has a text-box named "txtParentData" where text is entered.
(3) Child form has a text-box named "txtChildData" where the text from Parent is displayed.
(4) Parent form has a button named "btnShowChild" that shows the child form.
(5) Child form has a button named "btnExtractData" which extracts entered text from parent form.
// Parent form code :
public partial class Parent : Form
private void btnShowChild_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
Child ChForm = new Child(this);
// Child form code :
public partial class Child : Form
private Parent PForm;
public Child(Parent pf)
PForm = pf;
private void btnExtractData_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
txtChildData.Text = PForm.txtParentData.Text;