root access

cpulocksmith's Avatar, Join Date: Jul 2008
Skilled contributor
is there a way to give an account other then root, root access? permanently? because i have many files that i need root access to edit and it is driving me nuts, not being about to put stuff in some files and not being able to take them out of others.
divinequran's Avatar, Join Date: Oct 2008
If you are a linux user you can use PAM to give such permissions
sharmila's Avatar, Join Date: Mar 2006
If you and the superuser are in a group then the superuser can grant access..
1. Login as root..
2. change the permissions of the files to 777 chmode -r 0777 .. it will change the permissions recurssively.. If you don't want for others then give 770 instead of 777..
shabbir's Avatar, Join Date: Jul 2004
Go4Expert Founder
I guess its chmod -R 777 and not -r but both may work but not sure of
sharmila's Avatar, Join Date: Mar 2006
Thanks Shabbir.. Ya.. -R is correct.. even I am also not sure whether -r will work not not.. I remeber 'r' for recurssive.. so menctioned as -r.. sorry for that...