I usually use rewritable cd to bring the data stored in my college computers but for a few times i am having problem with it .
The cd is first quick erased and then writed but when it is opened and tried to copy that data , it doesn,t copy and shows an error message-"data cannot be read from sector(sector no. )".
can nyone tell me is this the problem in CD- Writer or the Rewritable CD or the method of quick erasing repeatedly .
1. CD is corrupted
2. Drive is unable to write the data correctly
Remedies for them
1. If CD is corrupted change the CD.
2. Drive is unable to write can be for 2 reasons
You have a high speed CD writing and as speed is high many smaller files are skipped due to high speed and cannot be read at destination CD-ROM.
Use slow speed of 12x but max of 24x and not more than that.
CD Writer is not fully operating properly and nothing can be done from your part apart from chnaging the drive or repairing it.
If you have a 24x rewritable disk write with 12x
If 12x --> 10x
10x, 4x ---> 2x
Don't do things that scratch the optic surface of your disks.
- Don't ever lend your disks to whoever wants them (this one is really important).
- Don't leave your disks on table or somewhere.
These would solve your problem.