Need REST, mashups, Struts training and other specific Java related info

Discussion in 'Java' started by Vaibhavi, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Vaibhavi

Vaibhavi New Member

Hi all,

I am working for a software integrator company. My projects includes working on Java and Ruby on Rails and Ajax. I think Web Services is really cool. We also recently have to now work on REST and they are talking about mashups and Struts. Can anyone tell me if there are some good training or conferences so that me and my team members can get to speed with these technologies. Learning from books is not my cup of tea, even not when I was doing engineering ;)

All the help that group members can provide in this regard is much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Vaibhavi

2. anaz

anaz New Member

Hi Vaibhavi,

There are several online resources available that you just google for. If any of your team like to read then quality books from wiley and oreilly cover such technologies in detail.

I also highly recommend you could attend the upcoming Great Indian Developer Summit that is covering Java, Agile, REST, JAX-RS, mashups, .NET, Rich Web, JPA, SOA, rich user experiences, Spring, Groovy and more. They have most of the creators of these technologies as speakers. My team is attending this summit 22-25 apr at IISc campus where we are attending the web conference on April 23 and java on April 24. We have been able to get very good discounts. Maybe all those who are interested from your group can sign up together and get a good bargain from them. what say? I also attended last year's conference and had a really cool time.

In Hyderabad there is Sun Tech Days with some sun speakers.

Thanks,
    Anaz

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2009