jhakasseo's Avatar, Join Date: Mar 2012
Go4Expert Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsubasi View Post
There isn't a fast trick, but as I explained you don't have to list them all individually, you can just enter your home page and request that all pages linked to it be crawled. However, Google doesn't necessarily crawl every page on every visit.
But I am asking about link removal from webmaster tool which showing 404 error
Go4Expert Member
Quote:
For those pages which you have removed, are they replaced by new pages? If so you can use 301 redirects for them. But simply having 404 error pages isn't a cause for concern, it depends on the reason for them. You may find this article from Google webmaster Central Blog helpful, entitled "Do 404's Hurt My Site?"
http://googlewebmastercentral.blogsp...t-my-site.html
Ok! Thanks a lot.
ozsubasi's Avatar, Join Date: Jan 2012
Invasive contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhakasseo View Post
But I am asking about link removal from webmaster tool which showing 404 error
You are asking questions about both removing urls and adding them, and the quote from me you responded to was about adding them.
Go4Expert Member
I have added urls in "remove url" in webmaster tool and now it is in pending status. what will happn after it. it will go to active mode? how much time does it take to go like this?
Invasive contributor
I did try it once, and when I looked the next day the pending list was empty, but the urls did not get removed. Maybe others have had different experiences. But I did it for the same reason as you and I think that Google perhaps just ignored my request because it wasn't within the guidelines I posted earlier.
Go4Expert Member
Quote:
I did try it once, and when I looked the next day the pending list was empty, but the urls did not get removed. Maybe others have had different experiences. But I did it for the same reason as you and I think that Google perhaps just ignored my request because it wasn't within the guidelines I posted earlier.
Yes. I also read in google webmaster blog. It doesn't effect on my website, well I have to just wait and see then.
Invasive contributor
I am just wondering whether the url's ever got removed?
Go4Expert Member
Quote:
For those pages which you have removed, are they replaced by new pages?
Yes i did redirect for those pages but the thing is now they also indexed in google
ie example.com/rings/ old page redirected to example.com/wholesale-rings
But both pages are indexed in google then it is a problem for seo?
JdSchmit622's Avatar, Join Date: Mar 2013
Light Poster
To fresh up cruft, like old webpages that 404. If you lately modified your website and now have some obsolete URLs in the catalog, Google spiders will see this as we recrawl your URLs, and those webpages will normally fall out of our google look for. There's no need to demand an immediate elimination.. . . .
markwillson400's Avatar, Join Date: Jun 2013
Light Poster
If you want to remove your URLS from search results then you can use webmaster tool where you have option to remove the URL's from search results....