1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

register_argc_argv php.ini issues

Discussion in 'PHP' started by st89, Apr 3, 2009.

1. st89

st89 New Member

Self-employed
    Two weeks ago I didn't even know what PHP was so please bear with me whilst I try an explain:

I'm tinkering with Vanilla Forum 1.1.5a from Lussumo on Fedora Linux (10) and am working on integrating OpenX. OpenX states to install it into localhost.localdomain/openx and chmod a few folders (which i've done). It then asks you to visit localhost.localdomain/openx to begin the installation. I get 25% through before getting:

I used gedit on /etc/php.ini to change the register_argc_argv to On, on lines 92 and 471, but it made no difference. Does anyone know where I'm going wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help/tips/pointers

2. pete_bisby

pete_bisby New Member

Software Developer/Analyst, PB
    Home Page:
    Have you restarted Apache? Any changes to the php.ini file requires Apache to be restarted, so any changes can take effect.

3. st89

st89 New Member

Self-employed
    Thanks for the reply. I restarted it by accident a few hours after I posted and it worked fine.

4. indiansword

indiansword Security Expert

Operation Planner for 3 Australia
    Home Page:
    @ Mr.Pete_bisy,
    in the signature of your profile the link which takes u to "Parsons Brinckerhoff" has an XSS vulnerability in the search bar. Make sure u fix it soon. Let me know if ya want some help.