what is reciprocal link??

msn90's Avatar, Join Date: Jul 2009
Go4Expert Member
Let me know please what is reciprocal link.

sometimes when i submitted the link then i saw the reciprocal word but i didn't have the meaning of reciprocal.And now its my curiosity to know about this..

Thanks in advance..
shabbir's Avatar, Join Date: Jul 2004
Go4Expert Founder
I link to you and you link me.

This is called reciprocal link
Raj08 like this
Contributor
When we link back to the website that provided us a link is called as reciprocal link. It is kind of back linking.
callyS's Avatar, Join Date: Jun 2009
Contributor
But one way links still carry more weight than two way (reciprocal) links
neo_vi's Avatar, Join Date: Feb 2008
Invasive contributor
Reciprocal links. The word reciprocal means 'given or felt by each toward the other; mutual'. So it can also be called as a mutual link. U submit a link to a site, in turn he asks u to put his link in urs.
shabbir's Avatar, Join Date: Jul 2004
Go4Expert Founder
See my Article on how to build links effectively for new site. I have given the perspective view of Google as well and what you can do to not unplease the big G
JhonWilliams's Avatar, Join Date: Sep 2009
Go4Expert Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by msn90 View Post
Let me know please what is reciprocal link.

sometimes when i submitted the link then i saw the reciprocal word but i didn't have the meaning of reciprocal.And now its my curiosity to know about this..

Thanks in advance..
Hi,
An exchange of links between two websites is called reciprocal link.I usually prefer one way link building.
seangtz's Avatar, Join Date: Jun 2008
Ambitious contributor
I will second above comment, I think the reciprocal links carry less weight than one way links... one way links gains the highest pr possible from the linking page.
William9's Avatar, Join Date: Feb 2010
Go4Expert Member
Its also called as two way link exchange.
satyedra pal's Avatar, Join Date: Mar 2010
Contributor
Reciprocal link is a link between two websites.Which is used to increase traffic.For EX. A & B are two websites if A's website linked to B's website and B's website linked to A's website ,the Websites are reciprocally linked.