How to read .bmp, .jpeg image in C language?

nnhamane's Avatar, Join Date: Jun 2006
Light Poster
Is there any inbuilt function in C by which one can directly read or access image?
xpi0t0s's Avatar, Join Date: Aug 2004
Mentor
No, C is a very simple language that does not understand the concept of images. You'll need to use a library to access the image; for example you can use the standard file library (fopen etc) if you're happy to handle the format yourself, if not you'll need to get an image manipulation library (if it's a JPG then you'll need a JPG image manipulation library for example).
Light Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by nnhamane
Is there any inbuilt function in C by which one can directly read or access image?
I have attached the source code to read bmp from my Steganography project.

Hope it helps.

Last edited by shabbir; 18Jul2008 at 09:17.. Reason: Attachment removed
shabbir's Avatar, Join Date: Jul 2004
Go4Expert Founder
Musab, For security reasons we would not prefer the code as an attachment. Use the post to explain / post the code.
nnhamane's Avatar, Join Date: Jun 2006
Light Poster
Actually i want to read each pixel of image, it may be of any type. For exa take .ppm image file, which contains less information. But i don`t know the exact structure of header or pixel. I am interested in C/C++ only. Plz tell me something about how to open image headers or pixels in C/C++? or tell me any sitename where i can found all information.