question about hacking facebook.

Discussion in 'Ethical hacking' started by Lyss19, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Lyss19

Lyss19 New Member

i hacked a couple accounts on facebook but im curious to know can they find out i hacked it if i keep logging into the account? im really new to it and i dont want to get caught hacking accounts. i was just wondering if there was some way by me logging into these accounts they could get my ip or some shit?

my life is cheat 82 likes this.
  2. neo_vi

neo_vi Member

Software engineer
    Home Page:
    http://computertipaday.blogspot.com
    Hide ur IP by using any proxies while hacking.
    And tell me how u hacked into facebook.!!

1 person likes this.
  3. xpi0t0s

xpi0t0s Mentor

Senior Support Engineer
    Depends what you do when you hack in. If you just do "normal" stuff then Facebook admin are unlikely to notice; you'll be found out if and when the account owner logs in and finds stuff he didn't put there, although of course that depends what he finds!

4. Lyss19

Lyss19 New Member

i just did simple common sense hacking i dont even know if you can really call it that. just facebook gives out insane amounts of information on people making it so easy to get the email and hack any other services. alot people only use one email for several account they have on different sites. i simply took their email went to yahoo/hotmail or whatever site they used and put in the birthday (which shows on anyones profile) where they lived and area code (also on facebook) and answered their security question by simply doing a little bit of research. like one persons was "whats the name of your pet?" and the person of course has a picture of their pet with its name right on their facebook. so really facebook just lists way to much information. so its really easy to get peoples email and all there information on facebook. it lists everything you would need to "recover" a password for an email. once your in their email you send yourself a password reset notification from facebook and boom your in. just common sense really it gives you there email and everything that goes along with it. its just common sense really. nothing too great but it works.

5. kunals

kunals New Member

well if you did that, then there isn't a way to get caught. because everything that
    you are doing considered legal. i think.

6. xpi0t0s

xpi0t0s Mentor

Senior Support Engineer
    Nope, being easy doesn't make it legal. It's still accessing computers in a way that you're not supposed to. It's easy to open an unlocked car with the keys in and drive it off, but that's still theft.

7. SpOonWiZaRd

SpOonWiZaRd Know what you can do.

Network Engineer/Programmer
    They wont caught you that easily it is, but very creative thinking there.

8. jerbear15

jerbear15 New Member

Doesn't work if they have a gmail account

9. fourthdimension

fourthdimension New Member

Home Page:
    http://www.easygeek.org
    I think I'll add my two cents here. The most probable ways you'd get caught are:
    a) If the users notice suspicious activity
    b) If you log into many accounts in a small time frame from the same IP address.
    Obviously everything you've done has been logged, but if you don't attract attention to your activities, then chances are the admins will not pay attention to them because of the large volume of logs facebook keeps.
    If you used a good chain proxy (like tor) and didn't do anything stupid, you should be OK. But you also don't want to make posts like this, since if there's even a remote link from your user info here to your user info on facebook, you just moved yourself that much closer to being caught. While no one in the hacker community would call this hacking, it's still illegal and is considered hacking by the people that would prosecute you. Basically, disguise your traffic source, cover your tracks where possible, and don't draw attention to yourself. Oh, and here:
    http://www.cybercrimelaw.net/content/cybercrime.html
    Check this out before engaging in future activities. It'll give you a good idea of what's legal and what's not.

EDIT: I just reread your post. Changing the passwords of multiple users will definitely attract attention. The facebook admins will notice multiple similar complaints coming at the same time, and if a common IP address sent the reset requests, then you've pretty much lost any hope of not being noticed. In that case, if you didn't use a proxy, well... you can try changing your IP address, assuming you have a dynamic one, but that's about all. Your ISP will have a record of your previous addresses, so if facebook decides to investigate and respond in a legal manner... hate to say it, but you could find yourself in some trouble. Email hacking could be called identity theft or impersonation, as well as hijacking the facebook accounts and logging in as the victims. That's also multiple instances of unauthorized access, among other things. If this is the case and you actually did all this from your personal computer without the protection of a proxy, then change your IP a few times, remove all traces of your activities, ask the admins to remove this post, stay quiet about it, and hope facebook has more important things to give their attention to than tracking you down. And in the future... don't let your curiosity carry you away without knowing what you're getting into.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
    iAmCodeMonkey likes this.
  10. hanleyhansen

hanleyhansen New Member

Drupal Developer/LAMP Developer
    Home Page:
    http://www.hanseninfotech.com
    Nicely put fourthdimension. It's one thing to perform the "hack" and it's a totally different thing to go around talking about it. The best thing you can do is keep quiet and not hack anything your not comfortable with.

11. fourthdimension

fourthdimension New Member

Home Page:
    http://www.easygeek.org
    Thanks. Yeah... Nothing against Lyss19, but I think that's one thing that harms the hacker community more than almost everything else -- new/learning hackers that do something illegal, talk about it, and get caught. The media has a field day over it and makes all sorts of generalizations about hacking and the hacker culture based on it because they know so little about the community as a whole, and the end result is a big misunderstanding. People end up thinking that hacking can only be used for illegal/malicious purposes, and that all hackers are criminals, etc. It's unfortunate.
    To add another thing to what you mentioned, I'd also advise shutting out the adrenalin rush and taming the curiosity and taking the time to fully think through what you're about to do -- the consequences if you succeed, the consequences of the steps that you'll need to take to get there, and the works. Make sure you're OK with what you're about to get into.

iAmCodeMonkey likes this.
  12. jopa

jopa New Member

can you help me to hack my account or to tell me how i can do it
    that will help me a lot
    thanks

13. jopa

jopa New Member

can you hack my account,i lost my pasword of facebook and e mail adress,please help

14. cwarix

cwarix New Member

you can use Hide ID , but can you tell me how you hacked the accounts ?

15. CDG123

CDG123 New Member

umm...Hi..Im kinda of new but I was reading this conversation and Im curious to know how to hack into a facebook account?..Im scared to try because I think I would get caught since I have never done it before

16. Adbest

Adbest New Member

Student
    Wah! Good, man.:D

17. xyz555

xyz555 New Member

If you want to hack facebook, yahoo, msn, gmail etc., I can do it for you..

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2010
  18. karosin12

karosin12 New Member

Hey, I kinda did what the TS did using my personal pc,

Just want to check , does every computer has a different IP? or do every internet connection has a different IP?

If I throw my pc away, will that save me from being traced?

19. leesapie

leesapie New Member

20. kipkemoi

kipkemoi New Member

how do i hack a facebook profile?