No new posts How to create a process that cannot be killed by the user?

Discussion in 'C' started by saiprasannasp, Jun 18, 2007.

1. saiprasannasp

saiprasannasp New Member

Hi All,
    I am trying to create a process that cannot be killed by the user. The process after starting, will open the access token and use AdjustTokenPrivilege to disable all the privilege . but still the user can use task manager to kill the process. please help me in solving this problem.

2. DaWei

DaWei New Member

Semi-retired EE
    Home Page:
    http://www.daweidesigns.com
    You can disable the task manager for a current user with either policy or registry modifications. If you're trying to disable it for admin level users, and hide processes, and all that, then I think it's probably something underhanded you're trying to do.

3. saiprasannasp

saiprasannasp New Member

Please don't mistake me. I dont have malicious intentions. There is one such process created by Nortan antivirus (VpTray.exe), which runs for each and every user session. that process can not be killed by the users. I don't want to disable task manager. just want to make a process prompt an access denied message when ever an user tries to kill the process. VpTray.exe does the same.