Which is better among phpbb and mybb?

neo_vi's Avatar, Join Date: Feb 2008
Invasive contributor
Can u give me a suggestion on which one to choose? phpbb or mybb for creating forums. In many of the forums that i have seen, it is written that phpbb is more vulnerable to attacks compared to mybb. So, give me ur experiences on this.
I searched in net and got an useful link.
http://www.forummatrix.org/compare/MyBB+phpBB
But this link explains all the feature related things. But i need it in security aspects.
shabbir's Avatar, Join Date: Jul 2004
Go4Expert Founder
I would vote for phpBB for the reason that its used more than MyBB
Deadly Ghos7's Avatar, Join Date: Dec 2009
Contributor
I also would go for PHPBB rather than MyBB. I personally never liked MyBB. Also, SMF is also a good forum script. PHPBB has got greater community than MyBB and you will be having better support for PHPBB. It has also got a lot of mods to use. But, regarding the features, MyBB has more advanced features.

Last edited by Deadly Ghos7; 4Jan2010 at 18:00..
venami's Avatar, Join Date: Dec 2008
Ambitious contributor
As Deadly Ghos7 said, you will get a better support for PHPBB when compared to MyBB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_vi View Post
...In many of the forums that i have seen, it is written that phpbb is more vulnerable to attacks compared to mybb...
Of course, the increase in popularity of a software leads to increased security leaks in that software, as more crackers start cracking into it
MartinJose's Avatar, Join Date: Aug 2010
Contributor
PhpBB is more widely used ,that's true. But I don't think this can be used to judge which is better.For me ,they are all the same.
Click SSL's Avatar, Join Date: Mar 2010
Skilled contributor
I would also like to go with PHP Bulletin Board rather than mybb.
Newbie Member
phpBB is better because it has more sites and here is great security as compared to MyBB. I do agree with the second option as smf.