PHP vs ASP .Net

tinyprogram's Avatar, Join Date: Jan 2011
Go4Expert Member
I have made a website of online shopping in php...should i migrate it to asp .net or php itself is a good platform ?
0
tinyprogram's Avatar, Join Date: Jan 2011
Go4Expert Member
Php
0
shabbir's Avatar, Join Date: Jul 2004
Go4Expert Founder
Any good reason to move?
0
lionaneesh's Avatar, Join Date: Mar 2010
Invasive contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyprogram View Post
I have made a website of online shopping in php...should i migrate it to asp .net or php itself is a good platform ?
PHP is better that asp .net unless you have a specific reason or issue using it...

You can read the debate here :-

http://www.bizfive.com/articles/web-...p-and-asp.net/
0
seoabhisek's Avatar
Banned
you may migrate beacause coding in php is somewhat less secured than php and as per it is the online shoppng site it needs some security
0
lionaneesh's Avatar, Join Date: Mar 2010
Invasive contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by seoabhisek View Post
you may migrate beacause coding in php is somewhat less secured than php and as per it is the online shoppng site it needs some security
I disagree you on that....
In fact the security topic does not depend on a specific language it depends on the coder...
If the coder left some holes in the PHP code he is likely to repeat that in the .asp .net code...

If you feel PHP is less secured provide a reason for it!!!
0
shabbir's Avatar, Join Date: Jul 2004
Go4Expert Founder
PHP less secured than PHP means?
0
lionaneesh's Avatar, Join Date: Mar 2010
Invasive contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by seoabhisek View Post
you may migrate beacause coding in php is somewhat less secured than php and as per it is the online shoppng site it needs some security
I thought you wrote PHP less secured than asp .net

BTW :-

I still think you meant that only because PHP less secured than PHP means nothing....

I think its a typo shabbir...
0
shabbir's Avatar, Join Date: Jul 2004
Go4Expert Founder
It can be other way round as well and so you never know. BTW Facebook is on PHP platform and if you still think it is less secured than any other language on internet, it is time to upgrade you kb
0
lionaneesh's Avatar, Join Date: Mar 2010
Invasive contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by shabbir View Post
It can be other way round as well and so you never know. BTW Facebook is on PHP platform and if you still think it is less secured than any other language on internet, it is time to upgrade you kb
Yeah! You are right....

And BTW what you mean by 'kb' ....
Sorry if its a silly question...