* Submit your site to the relevant categories of high ranked directories.
* Write unique articles and submit them to various article directories, using the author resource box to link bank to your website.
* Create your own blog and upload regular posts answering common problems or sharing your expertise on a relevant niche in order to bring traffic to your site.
* Find relevant blog posts by others and post comments, using your website link in the proper place to get backlinks. It pays to select do-follow blogs for this purpose as backlinks from no-follow blogs arenít considered for ranking of web pages by various search engine robots.
* Become a member of some popular forums dealing with your niche and build a fan following over there, so that people from the forums are enticed to pay a visit to your website.
* Use social networking sites to participate in relevant discussions and build your credibility as well as brand recognition via interaction with people from far and wide.
* Social bookmaking is another way of creating a commendable online presence.
* You can submit press releases (free or paid) to various online sites, which in turn can provide you with precious backlinks and let the word out about your offerings.
* You can opt for link exchange with highly ranked and relevant websites.
* Whether itís one way, two way, three way or multiway linking, make sure that you provide the correct anchor text to sites linking back to you so that you reap the most from such backlinks.
Though here are many other SEO tactics to help your website page rank climb up, the aforesaid ones are some of the basic steps that you can begin with. So, hereís wishing you good luck with your SEO campaign!