Is there any one here who knows page optimization ???

Discussion in 'PHP' started by sem, Jul 21, 2005.

1. sem

sem New Member

Please help me to improve Performance

Hi........

I am a beginner. I have developed website in Php/MySql. But my home page takes some more time to load in some of the browsers

Check this http://www.direct2deal.com

Can Mysql stored procedures help me? I don't know the concepts of stored procedures. If any buddy in group knows
    pl. help me

Its very urgent. Your feedback/suggestions will be highly appreciated.

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Hello SEM

First of all I would like to welcome you to this forum about programming.

I visited your site and checked and you mentioned

I would like to let you know that MySQL does not have the concept of MySQL till the latest stable release. They have done that in 5.0 and its yet to be released. Its just beta and so you cannot do that as of now as you cannot have beta MySQL in web server. Also You need the latest PHP which has the function to call the Stored Procedure.

The reason your site is slow to load is you have too much content on the index page with lots of images. You have almost 15 records with large images to follow. 15 records is not the reason for slow but its the 15 images that need to be loaded.

Also you can optimize the tables by moving some codes to js and css and that will not make much of difference but then also it will decrease the size of the page by some kb.

You can also GZIP the HTML output for saving some bandwidth and increase the speed.

3. coderzone

coderzone Super Moderator

Why not have the links to the individual category at the home page and then load say 10 at a time like in amazon with only thumbnal of picture and not the complete picture. That will decrease the load time.