find out the OS Version my computer is running with ASP.NET???

benfowler's Avatar
Newbie Member
Hi..I am new to this community and very new to this....
How can I find out the OS Version my computer is running with ASP.NET???

Thanks for any reply.....
dotnetexpert's Avatar
Light Poster
Hi,

you need to know version of client machine or the server machine on which your website resides.

also is it hosted on Windows/Linux/Mac ?

once you provide this details, i'll surely answer your q's.
gouri's Avatar, Join Date: Mar 2009
Newbie Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotnetexpert View Post
Hi,

you need to know version of client machine or the server machine on which your website resides.

also is it hosted on Windows/Linux/Mac ?

once you provide this details, i'll surely answer your q's.

I need O.S version of client machine in web application
shabbir's Avatar, Join Date: Jul 2004
Go4Expert Founder
Using JS can help

Like

HTML Code:
if (navigator.appVersion.indexOf("Win")!=-1) OSName="Windows";
if (navigator.appVersion.indexOf("Mac")!=-1) OSName="MacOS";
if (navigator.appVersion.indexOf("X11")!=-1) OSName="UNIX";
if (navigator.appVersion.indexOf("Linux")!=-1) OSName="Linux";
gouri's Avatar, Join Date: Mar 2009
Newbie Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by shabbir View Post
Using JS can help

Like

HTML Code:
if (navigator.appVersion.indexOf("Win")!=-1) OSName="Windows";
if (navigator.appVersion.indexOf("Mac")!=-1) OSName="MacOS";
if (navigator.appVersion.indexOf("X11")!=-1) OSName="UNIX";
if (navigator.appVersion.indexOf("Linux")!=-1) OSName="Linux";

Thanks for quick reply
Actually I want location of hosts file for appending some IP in that
Windows Vista = C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC
Windows XP = C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC
Windows 2K = C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC
Win 98/ME = C:\WINDOWS
shabbir's Avatar, Join Date: Jul 2004
Go4Expert Founder
That cannot be done on client machine without installing some program.
gouri's Avatar, Join Date: Mar 2009
Newbie Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by shabbir View Post
That cannot be done on client machine without installing some program.
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!