OS Scenario Urgent

Discussion in 'Operating System' started by silviatodorof, Dec 31, 2011.

1. silviatodorof

silviatodorof New Member

[FONT=&quot]I used to do my homeworks without help. But I'm stuck with the following scenario. Actually I don't know how to do it. Anybody can point me to a link(s), papers or any material in the net. Many thanks. Silvia
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]/**********************************************/
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Scenario[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: Columbia Company is a marine shipping company with one branch and 20 employees. The company decided to move to a new building near the port. The company had local area network installed. During the transition process the accident happened which led to crash all the computers that were installed in old building. Fortunately, the data was properly backed up off site, but the insurance policy had expired so Columbia Company has purchased new computers. It was proposed to install a new local area network in the new building.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]To assist Columbia Company in making a decision as to the system they will need to implement, give the management your views and recommendations on a suitable operating system for their replacement computers and the factors involving a decision as to which might be appropriate. Give reasons for the points that you make and please ensure that they are all relevant to this scenario (1500 words minimum).[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]/**********************************************/[/FONT]