The internet has changed the way job search and job hunting is done. Over the past decade there has been a gradual transition from manual employment searching to online job search. Job seekers feel more comfortable with online search engines because of the scalability they have. However while searching a job online it is good to follow certain procedures to make your ultimate goal of job hunting successful.
1. Create a Killer Resume: Your resume is what presents you to your employer. Your resume is as important as a profile for a company. You must take the time to create a resume that makes you stand out from the crowd. Try to be very specific in your resume, as employers would not read through all the details in your resume. Highlight whatever you feel that could add strength to your resume. Try to add good references in your resume.
2. Create a Good Cover Letter: You must have a cover letter that exhibits your attitude. As a job seeker you must exhibit your positive attitude and discipline in your cover letter. Try to be as polite as possible.
3. Multiple Resumes: It is better to have multiple resumes. You may prepare a resume specifically for a software engineer job and another one specifically for a call center job. You must target your resume to the employer.
4. Searching for a Job: When searching for a job online, you need to find a job search engine that is reliable and that would help you achieve your ultimate goal of job search. Visit usjobcareer.com and register as a job seeker. USJobCareer is a reliable and job seeker friendly search engine designed with job seekers in mind.
5. Keep Track: Job seekers should keep track of the job applications they have made and constantly check the websites to see if your CV has been shortlisted.
Register your resume and take advantage of the free job search resources and tools available at the website.
Last edited by shabbir; 29Dec2008 at 16:18..
Reason: Link dropped