1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networking / IP Address question

Discussion in 'Engineering Concepts' started by Iona, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Iona

Iona New Member

Hi,

I have a question, basically the situation is this.

I play an online game called OGAME, been playing for a year and recently have been banned for account sharing, this confused me as I havent to my knowledge been account sharing so I asked for evidence which came in the form of logon times giving two different cities (plymouth and Peterborough) within 30 minutes of one another at times, when I checked the times I realised that they would have been lunchtime at work (but I work in Plymouth).

So my question is this - would it be possible to logon to the work network in plymouth but the game operators are seeing an ip address in Peterborough? I have no idea of how these things work, it seems unlikley but I can see no other reason for the data i have been shown.

The Go doesnt think its possible but for my own sanity I want to know if it is.

Thanks in advance.

2. DaWei

DaWei New Member

Semi-retired EE
    Home Page:
    It's possible to spoof an IP address, or to use a proxy, but it would have to be an overt attempt on someone's part.

3. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

It could be that your username / password is used by your colleagues.

4. tygo

tygo New Member

My Question is about scanning a remote IP and finding a router as usual........Well what do I need to do to see past the router weather I have access to the Router or not

How do I scan the computers behind a router (linksys)