MVC based Live Chat

Discussion in 'PHP' started by narekm, Dec 3, 2011.

1. narekm

narekm New Member

Hello all of you .
    I'll try to explain what I want as clear as possible and if there will be some type of things that yo are unclear with please let me know . I built a live chat using PHP and MySQL (It's a chat programme where when you enter your name and hit submit you immediately are taken to the page where other members are chatting. So saying live chat I mean a type of programme when you enter a message and hit "send" all other members will see it almost instantly ..Like skype's text chat ...I think you already got the idea ). So as I already told you I build it AND applied Db class for the MySQL CRUD . It was a bit procedural . So now I am going to adjust it to be fully OO and most importantly apply MVC . In the project to be honest I kinda applied applied MVC but it didnt satisfy the person who has given me this task . So I am given to do this task in this way . Whatever happens to the page (I mean a person just enters my website OR sends a message OR has entered a username to enter the chat OR I am retreiving the new messages via setTimeout()(Please I know that there are some bandwith related problems but its ok I am supposed to go with this function and please I dont need you to suggest a better way of solving the problem related to new messages output) ) via GET method I will come to the index.php page (where I have Front_Controller.php instantiated) I will choose which controller to choose: for retreiving new messages , for inserting new message ,for inserting the username and outputing the messagesfrom the database . One of many resaons that still make me feel that I am undone with that project because I still have some doubts about javascript beeing as VIEW in MVC . Please you would do me a favour suggesting me to post the code for the livechat that I have done and taking a look at that bloody JavaScript part . So that was the way I handled it.
    So my problem is that I am given to do that this way. So I need from index.php file get 2 values $_GET["controller"] and $_GET["action"] (action=view) . So please could you suggest any method that I can accomplish this just getting two values in the index.php file ? I dont need you write the whole code just need you to put me on the right path .
    And please could you explain to me how basically squeeze that bloody JavaScript in your views ? :nonod::confused:

I appreciate your help . Thank you really much in advance!!!

2. narekm

narekm New Member

I have been waiting for one day and no response this fourm is already not what it used to be . I guess I need to go with others .