0
rajeswaridvssnr's Avatar, Join Date: Oct 2006
Go4Expert Member
Processes and thread are very similar but they differ in the way they share their resources. Processes are independent and have its own address space. If two independent processes want to communicate they do this by using the following techniques 1.Message Passing 2.Sockets 3. named pipes
0
rajeswaridvssnr's Avatar, Join Date: Oct 2006
Go4Expert Member
Create a Named Mutex.
HANDLE hMutex=CreateMutex(TRUE,_T(“NamedMutex”))
0
rajeswaridvssnr's Avatar, Join Date: Oct 2006
Go4Expert Member
CMenu newMenu;
newMenu.LoadMenu (IDR_MENU1);
AfxGetMainWnd()->SetMenu( &newMenu );
AfxGetMainWnd()->DrawMenuBar();
newMenu.Detach ();
0
shabbir's Avatar, Join Date: Jul 2004
Go4Expert Founder
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeswaridvssnr
Create a Named Mutex.
HANDLE hMutex=CreateMutex(TRUE,_T(“NamedMutex”))
And check the Mutex existence for each of your instance launch and dont allow it to launch if it exists.
0
hellokareem's Avatar, Join Date: Jan 2007
Newbie Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by shabbir
And check the Mutex existence for each of your instance launch and dont allow it to launch if it exists.
This answer is sutable for restrict only one instance of a process,
if u want make singleton class make custructor as private
0
hellokareem's Avatar, Join Date: Jan 2007
Newbie Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeswaridvssnr
Processes and thread are very similar but they differ in the way they share their resources. Processes are independent and have its own address space. If two independent processes want to communicate they do this by using the following techniques 1.Message Passing 2.Sockets 3. named pipes
simple one
Use memory-mapped files to share data memory between
processes
0
srivenkateshg's Avatar, Join Date: Jun 2007
Newbie Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeswaridvssnr
ANSI code represents 8bytes data where UNICODE represents 16bytes data for supporting universal languages. One major draw back to ASCII was you could only have 256 different characters. However, languages such as Japanese and Arabic have thousands of characters. Thus ASCII would not work in these situations. The result was Unicode which allowed for up to 65,536 different characters
-----------------
This is exactly true. A small correction in the above would be 'ANSI code represents 8bits( one byte) data where UNICODE represents 16bits (2 bytes) data for supporting universal languages.
0
srivenkateshg's Avatar, Join Date: Jun 2007
Newbie Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokareem
simple one
Use memory-mapped files to share data memory between
processes
to add one more techniques, if it is a windows based application, the simplest one is to use WM_COPYDATA message
0
destiny.city's Avatar, Join Date: Aug 2007
Newbie Member
If anybody can se me the answers for the questions, it is good start for a beginner like me.
0
destiny.city's Avatar, Join Date: Aug 2007
Newbie Member
If somebody can send me the answers for the MFC questions plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, i have an interview