MFC help displaying boxes with lines

Discussion in 'MFC' started by soong, Oct 4, 2008.

1. soong

soong New Member

Hi, I've just started looking at MFC to create a program for a project of mine.

Been learning quite a lot of it from text books and such.

I'm trying to create a program similar to the attachment. So far I've created an SDI layout using Visual studios wizards,

I was wondering how would you add those black boxes to the program. I've learnt a bit about painting lines, but that wouldn't look quite right as I only have a white background and does not seem like the right approach.

I would like to achieve the same graphical appearance, black boxes, with windows type borders around it. They are supposed to represent timelines, the green lines representing if the signal is set to high or low. Eventually I want to be able to change the signals to high or low by clicking on it. I assume this can be done easily with mouse click events when over the area of the black box

Can anyone lead me in the right direction, what to learn to first get the black boxes up

thanks
    i know I've asked for a lot, but I would really appreciate some help at this stage.

Soong