ah, i think i am starting to understand what you are saying. i took your map and i made this little test. i have no combat system made yet so you will have to use your imagination s little but i think as a first test it is not too bad. and as a bonus i have not found any bugs in it ^^. so take a look and tell me what you think. abd please if you do find an bugs or error tell me. oh, and also if you think i should do somthing differently then please do tell, k?

here is the code...

Code:
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int here = 1;
int dir;
int a = 1;

int main()
{
    cout<<"this is a test of the new game idea... it is very complecated and i bet it will fail"<<endl;
    do{
    cout<<endl;
    cout<<endl;
    cout<<"you find yourself standing in on a path, from here the path brakes"<<endl;   
    cout<<"off in three ways. the path is a simple dirt path maybe an old "<<endl;
    cout<<"traders path. the exits are 1)north 2)east 3)south."<<endl;
    cout<<"witch way should i go?"<<endl;
    cin>>dir;
    if(dir == 1){
           here = 3;
           cout<<"you went north"<<endl;
           }
    else if (dir == 2)
    {
         here = 4;
         cout<<"you went east"<<endl;
         }
         else if(dir == 3){
              here = 2;
              cout<<"you went south"<<endl;
}

if (here == 2)
{
         cout<<endl;
         cout<<"you follow the path till it comes till it comes to its end at a cliff face."<<endl;
         cout<<"you hear a nosie and turn to look... you see a small humanoid lizard that stands about 3 foot tall, he holds up a short spear and yells somthing in a crud luangage that you cannot understand."<<endl;
         cout<<endl;
         cout<<endl;
         cout<<"this is where i would have the combat thing stand but i do not have it done yet.(note to self, make the combat thing.)"<<endl;
         cout<<endl;
         cout<<endl;
         cout<<"exits now are 1)north"<<endl;
         cin>>dir;
         }
         else if (here == 3)
{
     cout<<endl;
     cout<<"you walk down the path for about ten min, all is peacful and quite. birds churp from up in the trees. you can smell the sweet sent of wild flowers that inhabit the forest floor around you. all of a sudden you step into a hidden pit trap and you brake both your legs, there you spend 2 weeks untill you relize it was a low level illusion spell."<<endl;
             cout<<endl;
         cout<<endl;
         cout<<"exits now are 1)south"<<endl;
     cin>>dir;
     }
else if (here == 4)
{
     cout<<endl;
     cout<<"you start on the path to begain your adventure."<<endl;
              cout<<endl;
         cout<<endl;
         cout<<"exits now are 1)west 2)east"<<endl;
     cin>>dir;
     if (dir == 1){
             here = 1;
             }
             else if (dir == 2){
                  here = 5;
                  }
     }
     if (here == 5){
              cout<<endl;
              cout<<"you continue down the path, you can see smoke off in the distance to the east."<<endl;
              cout<<"exits are 1)west 2)east"<<endl;
              cin>>dir;
              }
              if (dir == 1){
                      here = 4;
                      }
                      else if (dir == 2){
                           here = 6;
                           }
      if (here == 6){
           cout<<endl;
           cout<<"you find a small incampment that looks like it had been able to support about 25 people. all the tents are ablaze, and all the supplys look to have been rifled through. as you explore the camp you find foot prints that look too large to be human leading north also what looks to be bloody drag marks leading the same way"<<endl;                     
           cout<<"the exits are 1)west 2)north."<<endl;
           cin>>dir;
           if(dir == 2){
                  cout<<endl;
                  cout<<"you go north"<<endl;
                  cout<<endl;
                  cout<<endl;
                  here = 7;
                  }
                  cout<<"----------------------------------------------------"<<endl;
           if(dir == 1){
                  cout<<endl;
                  cout<<"you go back west"<<endl;
                  cout<<endl;
                  cout<<endl;
                  cout<<"----------------------------------------------------"<<endl;
                  }
           if (here == 7){
                    cout<<endl;
                    cout<<"you head north following the tracks and blood. you keep an eye out for what ever did this. you walk for around ten min and you find your self standing in front of a cliff."<<endl;
                    a=2;
}
}
}while (a == 1);
    cout<<endl;
    cout<<endl;
    cout<<endl;    
    system("pause");
    return 0;
}
i hope you think it is good.