xpi0t0s i dont think i have hurd from you in this forum yet. and its always good to meet some one of skill. i am the locksmith ^^ nice to meet you. i think that you have some good ideas there. i was thinking about doing it that way but have no idea how, i think i need to learn a little more before i can tackle that one. but i have been making almost a template for all the things that will be in the game, such as shops, the character gen, and even screwing around with the combat systems as you can see. i think i am going to scrap that idea. i have no idea what i was thinking on that one. i wont one that will give you a little more option... like use items, run, magic... i think i must have had something wrong with me to think that last one was a good idea... well it gave me something to do on my spare at school. ^^, lol. well i am really not sure, not sure?! i mean damn clueless about this data base thing, could i maybe do it like; (using you map from above.)
Code:
here = start; 
cin>>direction;
if (direction == north)
{
here = 1;
}
else if (direction == south)
{
here = 2;
}
if (here == 1)
{
cout<<"you fall to your death in the pit";
}
else if (here == 2)
{
cout<<"a kolblod kicks you in the nutts";
}

{
is that something like you meant or did i take that completely in the wrong way.

(and yes i know the code wont work it is just a rough though i am just using to organize my thoughts.)

Last edited by cpulocksmith; 14Nov2008 at 09:41.. Reason: i did not know i could not say ***, and i dont like *'s