linker error dev c++

Discussion in 'C++' started by manish_fra, Dec 11, 2008.

1. manish_fra

manish_fra New Member

i am encountering a Linker Error: Undefined reference in my program under DEV c++
    it involves usage of the NTL class of header files.
    i have downloaded those files and have every header file existing in the required forlder of NTL.
    but still there are issues concerning the reference.
    i have tried including that folder at every possible location of BIN, include, LIB. the folder is also included within tht folder where my program is stationed. yet there are reference errors cropping up.
    [Linker error] undefined reference to `NTL::ZZ_p::ZZ_p()'
    [Linker error] undefined reference to `NTL::sub(NTL::ZZ&, NTL::ZZ const&, long)'

there are around 230 of these errors and all asoosciated with NTL class only.
    can somebody plz suggest wat is going wrong.

2. xpi0t0s

xpi0t0s Mentor

Senior Support Engineer
    These are linker errors, not compiler errors. (Hence where it says "Linker error").
    These symbols will be defined in some library, probably also part of the same download.
    To solve these errors you need to add the library to the project library references, and possibly the location of the library to the list of library directories.