Lots of people looking for work. I help people every day and the best thing a job seeker can do is to have a plan. Sounds simple but sometimes it is a bit of a job in itself. There are online tools and job portals that can help.
The basics are as follows:
- Start with what you want to do or would like to do
- Identify jobs that fit this career path
- Identify the skills you have in your background
- Identify the skills you need for the career path
- Target companies and jobs that meet your criteria at companies that have needs you can fulfill
This is an iterative process. When is not working go back to the beginning and expand the types of jobs you want or broaden your career vision. Add skills that will help you in your career path.
The point is you need a plan. There are tools online that can help you with your plan but it starts with you. It may take a little longer to get going but it is well worth the time spent because you will end up working someplace that suits you and you will be a better employee thus probably more successful.