1. We have moved from vBulletin to XenForo and you are viewing the site in the middle of the move. Though the functional aspect of everything is working fine, we are still working on other changes including the new design on Xenforo.
    Dismiss Notice

cannot input chinese language in win98

Discussion in 'Operating System' started by jimmytan, Sep 5, 2006.

1. jimmytan

jimmytan New Member

Hi I am using an old win98 system and have tried installing all drivers from Microsoft for the chinese ( simplified and traditional ) but after installation all seem ok but just cannot select input method for the keyboard. Also on skype menu, I am only able to see ???? for those suppose chinese characters. Wonder if anyone of you are able to help.

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

What drivers you are trying to install?

3. jimmytan

jimmytan New Member

Hi shabbir
    Thanks for your response, the drivers I mentioned are ie3lpktw.exe, ie3lpkcn.exe, tcmondo.exe, scmondo.exe and windows-kb890830-v1.14.exe.

4. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Do you mean after installing them you cannot use your keyboard?

5. jimmytan

jimmytan New Member

Hi shabbir

All system is working fine except that I am unable set the keyboard to input chinese characters. Normal when we select 'control panel' and select keyboard, there is an option for 'language' and we could add other languages ( eg. chinese ) in and with option on the keypad we could switch between the 2 languages. Also I am only able to see chinese languages in web-site or emails, but unable to set the menu item to chinese.