davidgaffer's Avatar, Join Date: Dec 2012
Go4Expert Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by shabbir View Post
Toolbar PR was thing of 2005 and does not matter in 2012.
I dont think PR doesn't matter because only a PR show the site popularity... If anyone have great PR like PR6-8 it means he/she have a customer preferred site Ex: fiverr.com, facebook.com, vrbo etc. They have great PR they don't need to rank on google because they have lots of traffic and direct traffic.

Well, i think PR always matter for your website.
shabbir like this
shabbir's Avatar, Join Date: Jul 2004
Go4Expert Founder
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgaffer View Post
I dont think PR doesn't matter because only a PR show the site popularity... If anyone have great PR like PR6-8 it means he/she have a customer preferred site Ex: fiverr.com, facebook.com, vrbo etc. They have great PR they don't need to rank on google because they have lots of traffic and direct traffic.

Well, i think PR always matter for your website.
Ohh PR showing Site popularity is good but then it does not update itself for months and so does it mean your site popularity is constant for those many months?

So then for what kind of site PR matters part form buying / selling links which is against what Google suggests
ozsubasi's Avatar, Join Date: Jan 2012
Invasive contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgaffer View Post
I dont think PR doesn't matter because only a PR show the site popularity
It doesn't show the actual popularity but the link popularity. A site can be engineered to have links to increase PR without it really being popular with real people.
JettMakinson's Avatar, Join Date: Jan 2013
Newbie Member
You can do off page activities to increase keywords ranking such as:
Blog Posting
Classified ads posting
Submit your Product in Shopping Network sites Directory Submission
Press Release Submission
Forum Posting
Social Bookmarking
Guest Blogging
Article Submission
ozsubasi's Avatar, Join Date: Jan 2012
Invasive contributor
No more lists please!!! The thread is about improving keyword ranking, not ways to get backlinks.
doublejm1's Avatar, Join Date: Mar 2013
Go4Expert Member
Is the Google Keyword Tool still considered the authority when it comes to finding the best keywords for your site?
baroodchadha's Avatar, Join Date: Jun 2013
Newbie Member
Social Bookmarking, article submission, blog commenting and directory submission etc. can help you but you should take care about on page optimization like you title tag, meta tags.
shabbir's Avatar, Join Date: Jul 2004
Go4Expert Founder
Pretty much everything is covered and nothing much is being added of value to the thread. Thread closed.