1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i have a problem

Discussion in 'Programming' started by rookie, Oct 24, 2008.

1. rookie

rookie New Member

Hey all
    I am new to this site and have some questions. I am an owner of a website that we had a freelance programmer build. I know little to nothing about website programming so have been using this programmers expertice. I am now thinking the site has reached this programmers limit. I am really worried that this programmer is not going to be easy to deal with in terms of switching programmers. I dont even know what to ask the current programmer about the current site and server(he also ownes the server we are based on). I am looking for someone with programming expertise that can help assist with a change over. What questions should I ask the programmer for with regards to programming type, server options, etc. Any and all help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Rookie

2. pradeep

pradeep Team Leader

Programmer
    Home Page:
    What is your current setup?

3. rookie

rookie New Member

Thats the problem, I have no idea what kind of setup, server limit, etc we have. I need to know the specific questions to ask the programmer to find out the pertinant information to tell other programmers. Any ideas?

4. rookie

rookie New Member

I have found out that the site was built with ASP.net 2.0 and a SQL database, does this make sense to people?