How do I read .mbm (Multi BitMap) files?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by moondog, Jul 15, 2007.

1. moondog

moondog New Member

Here's the deal. Back in 1997 a game came out called Chain of Command dealing with squad combat around Normandy. It is a multiplayer type game that was designed by a development group from Israel. The company went belly up in 2 years and allowed anyone that wanted to, to keep hosting the game. There are guys in the group of those who play that have been able to change the maps around ... mostly hit and miss for them. However, none of us has been able to change the files that contain the soldiers as they are contained in .mbm (Multi BitMap) files.

I have found out from some of the guys at the All About Symbian forums that these are NOT Symbian .mbm files so I need help finding out WHAT they are and WHAT PROGRAM I can use to open them. Finding this out would also make things easier on the map guys, so it's not just for me.

Now, it makes sense that these are .mbm (Multi Bitmap) files as there are NO files in the folders or on the server that are any other type of well known graphic. From what I've been able to gather, these files are compressed files. When I installed a couple of the programs recommended by the guys at All About Symbian the "icons" for the .mbm files changed to "unknown" to "winrar" looking. However WinRar doesn't open them. Winzip doesn't open them either.

dog

2. DaWei

DaWei New Member

Semi-retired EE
    Home Page:
    http://www.daweidesigns.com
    You've posted this question on a number of forums. May I assume that you are really hot to screw someone?

3. moondog

moondog New Member

Oh no, by no means do I intend to screw anyone over .... I have posted my actual problem in the "other languages" sections of other forums, not knowing where else to post.

I don't really know where to post my question so I will post it here for lack of a better place. This may NOT be a programming problem but most graphics people have no idea how to help me. So who better to come to than the guys with the real brains?

Here's the deal. Back in 1997 a game came out called Chain of Command dealing with squad combat around Normandy. It is a multiplayer type game that was designed by a development group from Israel. The company went belly up in 2 years and allowed anyone that wanted to, to keep hosting the game. There are guys in the group of those who play that have been able to change the maps around ... mostly hit and miss for them. However, none of us has been able to change the files that contain the soldiers as they are contained in .mbm (Multi BitMap) files.

I have found out from some of the guys at the All About Symbian forums that these are NOT Symbian .mbm files so I need help finding out WHAT they are and WHAT PROGRAM I can use to open them. Finding this out would also make things easier on the map guys, so it's not just for me.

Now, it makes sense that these are .mbm (Multi Bitmap) files as there are NO files in the folders or on the server that are any other type of well known graphic. From what I've been able to gather, these files are compressed files. When I installed a couple of the programs recommended by the guys at All About Symbian the "icons" for the .mbm files changed to "unknown" to "winrar" looking. However WinRar doesn't open them. Winzip doesn't open them either.

dog

4. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

5. moondog

moondog New Member

I see no one has stepped up to help answer this question .... does this one have people stumped or should I be asking this in a different forum altogether?

Suggestions Please!