I have a project which has to be done in hindi language.

Discussion in 'Web Design, HTML And CSS' started by arshad, Jan 8, 2008.

1. arshad

arshad New Member

Does any body has an idea how a static website can be done in hindi... i have tried a lot but havent sorted out stuff. I know i am suppose to use unicode but HOW ?? its frustrating... how can i convert hindi fonts into unicode for html on web..??

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

There are 2 ways of doing it.

1. The brute face way of having images instead of text. This will increase your page load time unless you have some one / two images for some logo.
    2. Have the font embed into web page. This is also simple and will have your page load time decrease.

3. urstop

urstop New Member

I have seen sites using either of the two ways shabbir has mentioned. So you can choose the best option for you. If your site is just a startup, you can just use images for the time being as performance might not be a issue. You can think of the 2way when you have lot of traffic and feel that the site is showing slow response time to users.

4. arshad

arshad New Member

well i know that the fonts have to embeded... but how is the problem ... ? I somehow cant sort out unicod embedding is done. Any idea ?

There is no ways i am going to embed images for making an hindi site...