I need help in the following C problems

hangulagerson's Avatar, Join Date: Oct 2009
Newbie Member
1. Write a program to implement a static circular queue. It should include the following functions:
i) Enqueue – To add an element to the end of the queue [4]
ii) Dequeue – To remove an element from the front of the queue [4]
iii) IsEmpty – To check whether a queue is empty or not. [4]
iv) IsFull – to check whether the queue is full or not [4]
v) Display – To display the elements of the queue [4]
2. Implement the following operations for a static list data structure:
i) Front, which returns the contents of the first element in the list [5]
ii) DeleteElem, which deletes a specific element from the list [5]
iii) AddToFront, which connects an element to the front of the list [5]
iv) Append, which adds an element to the end of the list [5]
  • The notepad on the w drive of your machine contains a code that sorts 10 numbers in ascending order. Modify this program to include another function called selection_sort_D that will output the data in descending order. The function, selection_sort_D must be called from the main function. Your final program should then output the two lists in ascending and descending order [20]

• A palindrome is a word, such as 'madam' or ‘peep’, which reads the same forward and backwards. Write a C program that inputs a word from a user and checks whether it is a palindrome. Your program should then display an appropriate message. [20]

• Given the name of each salesman, the serial numbers and the total price of all computers sold by each salesman. Write a program that implements functions to achieve the following tasks
i). Use a double-linked list to capture information pertaining to each salesman if there are 7 salesmen at the shop [10]
ii). Calculate the net salary of each salesman if each salesman is paid 21% of the total sales he/she made on top of the $1500 fixed salary. [10]

• Given the name of each salesman, the serial numbers and the total price of all computers sold by each salesman. Using structures and arrays, write a program that implements functions to achieve the following tasks
i). capture information pertaining to each salesman if there are 7 salesmen at the shop [10]
ii). Calculate the net salary of each salesman if each salesman is paid 21% of the total sales he/she made on top of the $1500 fixed salary. [10]

• Write a program in C that prompts the user for today’s date (dd, mm and yyyy). Calculate and display the date 37 days from now. Use structures for entering and manipulating dates. [20]

• A second-degree polynomial in x is given by the expression ax2+bx +c, where a, b, and c are known numbers and a is not equal to zero. Given the values of a, b, c, and x, write a function named poly_two(a, b, c, x) that computes and returns the value of the second-degree polynomial if all the given values are passed by value. Make sure your function poly_two(a,b,c,x) is called from the main() and that it correctly returns the value to main(). The function prototype for poly_two() function must be written in the main() function in such a way that you use printf() to display the value returned. Test the function by passing various data to it.
[20]
xpi0t0s's Avatar, Join Date: Aug 2004
Mentor
Seems simple enough. What have you got so far and where are you stuck?

If the problem is you haven't got the first clue where to start then I would advise going on a C course to learn the language first.