Rise's Avatar, Join Date: Dec 2009
Go4Expert Member
my friend put the idea that it was a update issue!!! and ive heard about the bios virus, would replaceing the cmos fix the issue because i wont be able to flash the bios the virus or corruption messup up my flopy drive, but i did hear from someone that you can replace the cmos with theise steps

power of the pc and unplug it from the wall outlet.
open up the case and locate the battery.
remove the battery and move the jumper pins next to the battery from 1 & 2 to 2 & 3
press the power button to draw out any residule power
move the jumper pins back to 1 & 2
replace the battery
close the case and plug back in
power on.
Go4Expert Member
It wont go part the windows xp logo cant get to the control panel thanks for the idea though
Go4Expert Member
i can get past the xp logo because it wont detect the hardrive
nimesh's Avatar, Join Date: Apr 2009
Invasive contributor
the steps you mentioned above would just reset the cmos settings, it would not replace the cmos

Read the motherboard manual for the correct jumpers that you want to replace the positions for

Reading all the messages till now, I think there is some serious problem with ur machine.

Did you try using the live cd's?
unix - all widely used flavours provide live cd's
xp - you can use hiren's boot cd, or minipe

live cd's allow you to use OS or similar environment to work on just by booting from the CD itself
Go4Expert Member
Yeah i got clerification about the process like 10 min ago from a friend thats my fault lol......

i know about hirens disk but i dont remember were to make a hirens cd... but i know that the hirens would work pretty well but it wont boot from cd because when i try to boot from cd (i dont remember the error) but it says that i basicaly cant do it.

Wait a second here reset the bios, actualy you dont need to do that process i reember how to do it and i have done it, all you actialy need to do: is their is a clip next to the cmos that says reset if you ground a metal object and use the metal peice to it then you can reset the bios that way right>
nimesh's Avatar, Join Date: Apr 2009
Invasive contributor
but where is the fault?

and resetting the bios varies for every motherboard.
So, refer the motherboard manual
Go4Expert Member
i already checked the manual when i first reset the bios and i did it correctly but no indication of it fixing the pc, actualy reset on a bios was the first thing i did so, that wont fix it hummhhh still stumped.... unless the motherboard is just completly out