1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How would i finish this to best suit what im intending it for?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Jeansy, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Jeansy

Jeansy New Member

Marine Biologist
    hi ive been trying for the past few days on making a shortcut (batch file) that will allow me to open a specific folder in my flash drive when i have it plugged in.
    i want to open up a file that is in my flash drive with a batch file located in another file.
    both files are on my flash drive both of them are hidden from the computer but with the batch file directory i can open them. i have the same batch file for both only different file names and in one of my hidden files (Documents) i have a batch file to open up the other hidden file (pictures) but whenever i run the batch file it says it cant find "pictures" but it looks for "pictures" in the "Documents" file. i want to know how i can add directory to the batch file in "Documents" so that i can open "pictures" without it looking in the file the batch it in.
    i will walk you through the file

Code:
                        * represents the part that is actualy in the file 
    [EMAIL="*@echo"]*@echo[/EMAIL] off
    *set pass=(the password)
    *echo Please Enter Password
    *set /p ui=
    *if %ui%==%pass% (goto open)<if the password is right then the file will go to :open
    *echo Access Denied<if the password is wrong it displays this and then closes CMD
    *pause
    *exit
    *:open <right here is where it should go if the password is right but what im confused abt is where the hell i put the directory ive already tried cd C:\F: but it still acts like the file its suposed to open is in "Documents"
    *start (Pictures)

please help me

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2011
  2. Jeansy

Jeansy New Member

Marine Biologist
    why is there a purple smiley where the O should be

3. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

I have removed those smiley for you.