1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed in waitpid() , sigaction() , sigemptyset() etc.

Discussion in 'C' started by lionaneesh, May 10, 2010.

1. lionaneesh

lionaneesh Active Member

Student
    Sir/Maam,
    please suggest me some very simple tutorials explaning right from the basics of such functions .

I am doing C since 6 months and was looking at a tutorial of BEEJ's guide to network programming.. there at looking at a source code i found these functions and am really confused ...

I have already googled this topic but all the tutorials are getting above of my mind.

Help me!

2. xpi0t0s

xpi0t0s Mentor

Senior Support Engineer
    This stuff is really confusing. Unless you absolutely cannot avoid it, leave it until you're more experienced. The behaviour is platform-dependent, so at the very least you have to tell us *exactly* what OS you're using, including the full version number, 32- or 64-bit, any patches installed, and what compiler you're using, again including the full version number, 32- or 64-bit.

3. xpi0t0s

xpi0t0s Mentor

Senior Support Engineer
    heh, so it's probably also worth saying there is no such thing as a "simple" tutorial on signal handling. Just as there are no "simple" tutorials on brain surgery, rocket science and so on.

4. lionaneesh

lionaneesh Active Member

Student
    KK... Thnx ...
    LOL