Need help URGENTLY on my assignment (instructions inside)

Discussion in 'C' started by ssmacka, Mar 14, 2009.

1. ssmacka

ssmacka New Member

hi im new to the forums as u can tell..
    ive been reading c++ coding since last week and i've just got an assignment from my uni.. im really stuck on what to do..
    as i say.. i suck at coding.. its not my forte but i must do it to pass my course :S
    could sum1 please code this for me, i kno it sounds stupid but i really do need help on this.. i'd b very grateful is sum1 could. so that way i can read it and get a better understanding of what i was supposed to do.

im supposed to do the following:

In this program you will first create a string that has the exact content "Hello World." The command line should have no parameters. The following text lists errors you must detect and a priority of testing. All outputs are a single character followed by a linefeed ( endl in C++ or \n in C).
    - If there is more than one parameter the output shall be 'P'.

- If the parameter is not an integer the output shall be 'X'.

- The input integer is an index into the string where [0]='H',[1]='e', [2]='l' etc. (to make up Hello World) Your program should return the letter pointed to by the number then a linefeed.
    - If the number is not within the string the reply must be 'Z'.

so basically your reading from command line and have to process them to produce the output. im supposed to also ouput how many arguments there are. for example ./myoutput 123 435 would b "3" arguments "./myoutput "01234" " would show 2 arguments and print out "Hello" ( 01234 part of Hello World, 0 = H, 1 = e and so on). minus signs, character letters etc should output with the letter X.

i kno wut im supposed to b doing.. its just the coding that i dont know. please dont giv me any trouble over this.. im stressed out enough as it is :S. i jus need sum1 to help me code this.. id b very grateful if any1 can do this for me. i have to hav it done by 16th march on monday so ive basically got tomorrow (sunday) to complete this :S

2. xpi0t0s

xpi0t0s Mentor

Senior Support Engineer
    If you suck at coding then you should fail. It's not in the college's interest to give passes to someone who doesn't know the subject. "that way i can read it and get a better understanding" is a common misunderstanding about programming; this is a skill learnt by DOING not by copying someone else's code and the only way through this is to do the assignment yourself.

I certainly won't code it for you but others might. Post what you've got so far and show where you're stuck; say what exactly is going wrong and what you expect should happen. I'm happy to help you and explain where you're going wrong.

> In this program you will first create a string that has the exact content "Hello World."

Hmm. Do you REALLY have absolutely no idea how to do that? If you have then that should be your starting point. If not then a worked example isn't going to help you in the least. Read through your course notes and/or course book and you should find everything you need.

> i kno wut im supposed to b doing

OK, so do it (and by the way please learn to spell, it really helps)

> its just the coding that i dont know

Um, no. You're on a programming course. If you don't know the coding then you don't know what you're supposed to do, by definition.

3. ssmacka

ssmacka New Member

i needed guidedance..

and unfortunately you are being a dickface to me..

dont worry about this topic anymore because ive had guidedance elsewhere..

i didnt come on this forum to be abused by some fucktard like yourself and to be taught how to spell.

i pity any begginer like myself who wants guidedance from mr. know-it-all's like you.

so to get help i need to be a ******* nerd like you? my spelling needs to be perfect?

so any begginer who's just starting to learn c++ should be abused the shit out of? is that your ******* theory einstien?

that's the welcome i get.. well thank you very much.

4. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Its certainly not that you should know everything but certainly show keen interest in doing something.

Say I come here and say. Want a hello world program everyone would say that try it yourself but if I say I have included the needed libs but now tell me how can I output the needed things to the screen everyone will be more than happy to help.

Stop being abusive and try to learn.

5. ssmacka

ssmacka New Member

"OK, so do it (and by the way please learn to spell, it really helps)"

"If you suck at coding then you should fail."

with comments like those to me.. what do u expect? thank u very much for killing my self esteem dickface?

as i said.. ive only started this programming course of c++.. i've been thrown into the deep end and i must pass this course in order to do my prospective field - networking.

i dislike doing programming but i want to understand it and that is y i came to this forum in the 1st place, but now because of comments like that .. im not encouraged enough to even approach for help from u people.

according to dickface over there i should fail because im a begginer.

6. xpi0t0s

xpi0t0s Mentor

Senior Support Engineer
    "could sum1 please code this for me"

That's why you should fail. Not because you're a beginner. This kind of comment shows you're not interested in doing the work and just want someone to spoonfeed you the answers. I'm quite happy to help you solve the problem but I'm not going to solve it for you. Anyway it's good that you've solved this one and best wishes for the rest of the course.

7. xpi0t0s

xpi0t0s Mentor

Senior Support Engineer
    "thank u very much for killing my self esteem"

Sorry, this one's been bothering me. Not the insults but the rest of it. Don't let your self esteem depend on what others say and do; that way you'll never have any. Guard yourself and only let your self esteem depend on yourself. Happiness, self esteem, self control, all that sort of stuff should come from within and not depend on external circumstances.

I'l really sorry if I offended you and if we met I'm sure you would (at least privately) regret firing those insults at me.